Friday, April 11, 2014

Acne Adventures 4

Well, it's week 3 of using the PTR acne kit. Week 2 of using the Clarisonic Mia 2. Week infinity of acne. Unfortunately, my face has gotten worse. A lot worse.

This week I've gone on an extracting kick every other day. I mostly got everything out, but the next day there were more. Today's led to an awfully frustrating time because nothing was ready to be extracted. So now I have some big, painful pimples all over my face. And it's spread from my chin and jaw area to my cheeks.

I'm getting to the point where I'm about to throw in the towel for anything. My skin is getting worse, or staying just as bad, no matter what I do. Could this be a purging period? Possibly. Will I continue on with the kit? Yes. We'll see how my skin does for a few more weeks while these products can last. So far though, I'm not impressed. I think I may make a return to the Neutrogena Grapefruit Scrub, which I used for several years. Because this is ridiculous.

I've been using the PTR gel in the mornings, then my Olay moisturizer at night. I like the moisturizer because it's a light gel formula, which is perfect because it is HOT! But it isn't doing enough for my parched skin, so I may have to find something else. We'll see.

Overall, a fairly depressing week for my skin. I'm not even attempting to cover up my acne with makeup anymore, it's that ridiculously bad. Eh.


No comments:

Post a Comment