Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Nail Polish Rack


I'm pretty sure my dad was tired of hearing me complain about not having enough room for nail polish. And I'm sure he was tired of seeing polish all over the house. And I'm sure he was tired of me complaining about how expensive nail polish racks are...which really it's just the shipping that gets you. It's almost double the cost of the rack. Crazy.

So, anyways, we decided that we'll build our own. And we started with one, just to see how it would turn out. And it turned out great! We got a couple of pieces of wood from the molding section at Home Depot, and a piece big enough for the backing, and measured it out. This is 30" tall, 24" across and has 6 shelves. It holds about 18 polishes per shelf. We also stained it this darker color, so it would match the rest of the furniture in my room. It was that pale bleach wood color. Blech, I HATE that color wood. I love darker colors like cherry wood. Anyways, here it is.


First two shelves are OPI.

Next two shelves are remaining OPI and China Glaze.

Finale 2 shelves are remaining China Glaze, Hits, Nubar, Ozotic, Rimmel London, a England, NFU Oh, Cult Nails and Deborah Lippmann.

Here it is, hanging on my wall.

And, of course, while wearing my gloves and staining the rack my nails cut through them and I didn't notice...until I was done. It was pretty funny, and luckily the stain mostly came out in my shower. 

I can't wait to make more! Because I certainly need more. My sad little foamboard rack is lame compared to this. Really sad. Oh well! On the bright side, I have 1/3 of my bin for polish empty because they're on racks. Yay!

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment