Thursday, February 23, 2012

Butter London - Disco Buscuit

I don't have very many Butter London nail polishes. In fact I only have 3, and that was a set that my mom got me for Christmas. And I haven't even used those yet! But when I saw a swatch of this I immediately fell in love. It was so gorgeous! And the name...disco biscuit? How can you not love it? Well...you'll see what I mean.

Disco Biscuit is a bright pink jelly with purple micro-glitter. In some of the photos my camera does some crazy thing with the micro-glitter, and it looks blue in some shots too. That's just how it is when photographing anything purple.

Sunlight.

Sunlight.

Direct sunlight.

Shade.

Shade.

Bottle shot.

See? Isn't it amazing? The formula was pretty sheer, this was 3 thick coats and at times I could still see my nail line. I think next time I'll layer it over something, just to cut down on the coats. And, it doesn't look like it, but this baby EATS top coat like none other. I was not expecting that. Seriously, about a half an hour after these pictures were taken the top coat had soaked in to the micro-glitter and it was chunky and rough again. Kind of crazy! So I would suggest a thicker top coat, and a few layers.

And just for fun, I layered OPI's I Lily Love You over this to freshen it up after a few days.




They go together so perfectly. Butter London can be bought at Nordstrom, Ulta and from their website for $14. I bought mine off of Amazon and got free shipping (yay!).

CM


1 comment: