Friday, February 17, 2012

Zoya Tru (and even more layering)

Zoya has their new Spring 2012 collection out, called True. There were two colors that really called out to me in the collection: Lotus and Tru. Today I have Tru to show you. Tru is a "red-toned grape purple with speckled shimmer that reflects gold, orange and red." (Taken from Zoya's site here). It was hard to capture the shimmer in this baby, but you can definitely see it in the bottle. This polish is so pretty in real life, my pictures do not do it justice. Enough talking though, on with the pictures!


There's a good shimmer shot in the bottle.


This collection was released in conjunction with their Flecked collection consisting of 3 flakies. I haven't gotten any of them, simply because I don't have the money to, but that doesn't mean I can't play with the flakies that I already have! So I layered my newly acquired Twisted (from the Finger Paints Special Effects collection) that my mom stalked 12 Sally's Beauty stores for (no joke!) over it. Take a look!


Ew, dry hands! Hardcore dry hands, sorry about that! But isn't that so pretty? Twisted is like a rainbow in a bottle, there's blue, green, purple, orange, yellow, red. So pretty and complex! 

By the way, this is the longest that my nails have ever been. But, sadly, I couldn't operate with them (more specifically, I couldn't take my contacts out without tearing them...it's happened twice with these bad boys). So now I have nubbins again. Ok, they're not that short, but compared to these, they're so short! Oh well. 

Have you hopped on to the flakie band wagon?

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment