Monday, February 27, 2012

Sally Hansen - Platinum

Lately I've had a thing for whites that don't look like white out. Like whites with shimmer, whites with duochrome, etc. So, naturally when I saw a new Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in Platinum I got ridiculously excited to see this white that looked like a pearl in the bottle. Sadly, I was really disappointed by the color on the nail.

For the following pictures -
Pointer/Pinky: 3 coats of Platinum
Middle: 2 coats of Platinum over 2 coats of Sinful Colors (white...can't remember the name, sorry!)
Ring: 2 coats of Platinum over 1 coat of SH Black Out.

Sunlight.

Shade.

Shade.

Shade.

Definitely not what I was expecting. It's too sheer on it's own, does nothing really over white and although it comes out beautifully over black, it's not anything that I don't already own or can recreate with other colors. I went through my collection last night and I've started to put aside colors that I'm getting rid of and this is definitely one of them. So disappointing. 

Have you ever been so excited by a polish in the bottle and disappointed with it on the nail? It's happened to me more often lately, and it's starting to suck. A lot.

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment