Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Deborah Lippmann - Mermaid's Dream

I'm so excited for this post! I know I normally do an every other day schedule for my posts, but I love this one so much that I couldn't wait and I didn't want to push all of my scheduled posts back (because I have some great ones coming up!).

I got my very first Deborah Lippmann polish, ever! Normally I don't buy her polish because it's $16-18 a bottle, plus Revlon usually comes out with a dupe of their most popular polish anyways (Whimsical). And, lately, Claire's has as well, but that'll be a post coming up soon.

Mermaid's Dream is a seafoam green foil/frosty base with gold micro-glitter and larger round blue glitter. The texture is very gritty and chunky and, based on swatches that I had seen, I had a feeling that I was going to hate the texture and load up on several coats of a thick top coat to make it smooth. So I was pleasantly surprised to learn that this texture is what helps make this polish unique and beautiful. It totally matches the whole mermaid theme. This polish is in my top 10 of all time (that I own) and it was worth every single penny.

Sunlight.

Sunlight.

Shade.

Artificial light.

Artificial light.

Shade.

Close up of thumb to show the texture (before top coat)

Close up of thumb to show the texture (after top coat)

This was 2 coats. Formula was great and it dried ridiculously fast. My thumb is the only finger that has top coat, otherwise I don't have any on to keep the texture. And even that thumb ate up the top coat so fast, so it doesn't matter anyways. So far it's holding up great! I bought this from Zappos.com for $18 and free shipping, but you can get Deborah Lippmann at Nordstrom, HSN.com, etc.

CM

No comments:

Post a Comment